- it’s not uncool to care about things, to be passionate about things, or to enjoy learning. ignore the people who make fun of you for being earnest and excited about life. hold onto these qualities. they’re the best thing about you.
- it’s okay to cut people loose. life is short and if someone is making you feel unhappy or unsafe, drop them immediately. you will thank yourself. only surround yourself with people who will lift you up.
- being sick doesn’t mean your world has to get a little darker. being depressed doesn’t mean you’re seeing the world as it really is. it takes strength to be happy and positive. pessimism doesn’t make you wise, it just makes you sad.
- pain is relative. everyone’s struggling. you’re not the only person who’s felt the feelings you’re feeling. yes, you are in serious pain. no, this doesn’t mean other people can’t be upset about doing badly on a math test or having unrequited crushes. all pain is serious if it hurts.
- please don’t listen to what they say about your body. please don’t listen to the silence, to the absence of compliments. ignore the stares. love yourself. don’t let the world make you forget you’re perfect as you are.
- when you’re 9 years old and you kiss your best friend, it’s because you want to. and that’s ok. when you confess this to your mum, and she tells you it means nothing, speak up. tell her she’s wrong. you didn’t do it on a whim, for a game, because your friend made you. you did it because some little girls want to kiss other little girls. make her deal with it. it means something.
- nobody knows what they’re doing. nobody has it all together. most adults haven’t got a clue, they’ve just gotten really good at pretending they do. it’s ok to not have everything figured out yet. or ever. the fun is in the learning and the discoveries and the mistakes and the confusion.
- people will underestimate you. you’re young. you’re small. you’re a girl. they’ll assume they know more than you. assume you’re weak. talk down to you. belittle you. find joy in proving them all dead wrong.
- if you’re scared, you’re doing something right. let yourself feel the fear. be open about the fear. be excited by the fear. don’t be ashamed of it. being afraid doesn’t mean you should give up. it’s an indicator that you should keep going. that you’re human. that you’re alive.
- sometimes people won’t like you. sometimes people are cruel. and nothing you do will change that. don’t change yourself to appease them. don’t cater to their demands. don’t curl yourself against their expectations. sometimes people will hate you. and it’s not because of who you are. it’s because of them. you can’t fix it. you have to learn to accept that.
- there are different kinds of intelligence. you aren’t better than anybody because you can read a book in a day. don’t look down on the kid who reads slowly and aloud in class. one day you’ll get sick. and for a while, you won’t be able to read at all, let alone slowly and aloud. words will begin to bleed into each other on the page and your eyes will glaze over and you will feel bad for looking down on that kid.
- being realistic and following your dreams aren’t mutually exclusive.
- one day your world will stop. you will tear yourself apart and let everything go. you will give up, just this once. don’t worry. this is what needs to happen. eventually, the world starts spinning again. you pick up the pieces and start patching yourself back together. you get to re-discover who you are. it’s scary and it’s wonderful. you’ll start dreaming in colour again.
english is not my first language and all my life i thought brussel sprouts was the name of some celebrity
everyone is always like “i hate brussel sprouts” and all this time i was here thinking what the fuck did that poor guy do
friendly reminder that the lion throwin’ down is Ryan Ross
tumblr you can keep your glorified nostalgia about the wild thornberries and tony hawk’s pro skater and getting to hold the flea-ridden stuffed lion during the d.a.r.e program and what have you because THIS right here. now THIS was the essence of the 90s
if ur sad do not fear friend i am sending puppies to help u
In Too Deep | Sum 41
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
SONG: okay | good | lovely | amazing | flawless | asdfghjkl;
URL: okay | good | lovely | amazing | flawless | asdfghjkl;
THEME: okay | good | lovely | amazing | flawless | asdfghjkl;
SIDEBAR: okay | good | lovely | amazing | flawless | asdfghjkl;
POSTS: okay | good | lovely | amazing | flawless | asdfghjkl;
OVERALL: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 10+
FOLLOWING:no, sorry <3 | yes | i am now | follow forever
When suddenly remembering something stupid that I did like ten years ago.
I never thought I’d ever read anything as miraculous as this